Yup, we're still waiting for the miracle baby. Actually Kris' due date is next Tuesday, it's just that "they" said Saraphina would probably arrive a lot earlier. Guess they were wrong... again.
As you can see, Kris is in good spirits and Saraphina is growing nicely. Kris and I have been sewing clothes for her. If she doesn't arrive soon, she will have more clothes than she will ever be able to wear in the first six months. We should probably move on to size 1. As a part-time quilter, I have lots of fabric to use up.
At the last doctor's appointment Kris was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, the same as the week before. She has been having contractions, but they are irregular. Next doctor's appointment is tomorrow so we'll find out if Saraphina has moved into position.
Kris may or may not have a c-section. A lot depends on the fibroid near the birth canal. It could move out of the way. Kris will likely go into labor first and then the doctor will decide.
Turns out Kris is at about the same point as my friend Barbara's daughter and they have the same doctor. Barbara lives across the street, so we're thinking maybe the grandma's can carpool to the hospital. We're taking bets on who will become a grandmother first.
Kris says she can't re-organize the baby's room one more time, so maybe we'll make a blanket today. We also might do a little baking... just in case we need something to eat at the hospital.
I'm planning to post a daily update to let our friends and family know what's happening here in babyland.