Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day of Walking

Kris started the morning off with contractions but they were about 12 minutes apart. Labor is defined as 5 minutes apart (lasting about 1-1/2 minutes) for at least 2 hours. We went out shopping (mall exercise). When we got home, she timed her contractions and they were still 12 or more minutes apart (lasting about 1-1/2 minutes).

I ran across the street to find out how Barbara's daughter was doing. Hmm, we're still racing towards grandmotherhood. They both have the same doctor who is predicting soon for both. We may be walking the halls together.

I took Kris for a beach walk this afternoon. Maybe that will help. If not, I don't think Barbara has a trampoline... but I do.

Grandma Rose is on call, but Kris' doctor says even when labor officially begins, Kris can stay home a while since we live so close to the hospital. It's Grandma Rose who has to get a head start since this is Fiesta weekend in Santa Barbara and the traffic into town is pretty horrible.

Stay tuned.

P.S. I'm working on that dress I started last night. If I get it done soon, I'll post a photo. It's pretty sweet.

No comments: